Saturday, November 21, 2009

INTELLECTUAL KABIR SUMAN FED UP WITH TRINAMOOL CONGRESS AND MAMATA BANERJEE

COMMENTS MADE BY KABIR SUMAN, MP ON HIS PARTY TRINAMOOL CONGRESS AND SUPREMO MAMATA BANERJEE IN AN INTERVIEW TO TIMES OF INDIA DATED 18TH NOVEMBER, 2009

‘…. he was tired of pursuing MPLAD projects that local Trinamool leaders want to ‘monopolize’

“They want him to just stay at home and sign the papers.”

“Local party interests were hampering his development programmes.”

“Whenever I try to raise an issue, the leaders try to divert it urge me to sing a song instead.”

“…. the party had turned him into a slave.”

“I am sick and tired of these people. Shovan Chattopadhyay (Kolkata Municipal Corporation borough chairperson and a Mamata Banerjee loyalist) told me I need not go to the villages. He asked me to stay at home and sign the papers. If that is so, why the hell am I an MP? Let the MPLAD renamed Party-LAD. They want to do whatever they feel like”.

The singer complained that when he refused to sign on the dotted line, the local leaders hurled buses at him at public meetings.

“I am very sorry to say that my party is full of petty and corrupt leaders at the local level who are not letting me work for the development of my constituency and there is no redressal in sight. I am so fed up with the fact that though I am an MP, I have very little freedom to work on my own. That is why I burst out at the press conference.”

“They (Trinamool leaders) want me to hand over the funds (MPLAD) to them so that they can spend the money on items that they think are important. Needless to say, I tried to find out what their plans are and I am convinced that their intentions are dishonest.”

“I tried to attract her (Mamata Banerjee) attention to corrupt party men in my constituency several times. Unfortunately, I was unable to convince her. Each time she would say, “you rather sing a song!”

“I am feeling helpless about the fact that as an MP I am not being able to address the problems of my area.”

“But none does anything to solve my problems. No one even tries to bring these corrupt party men to book.”

“There’s no denying that I am upset. This is not how I wanted to work as an MP.”

No comments:

Post a Comment